Since I'm not a real life movie-reviewer, I don't feel the need to write something too profound. Especially about this movie, which is fabulous, and totally ridiculous at the same time. I can't really offer Jay's opinion as to the archaeological accuracy of the film, since there was very little actual archaeology in the film. However, Jay (who really loves this kind of movie-previous three Indy movies and both National Treasure movies in particular) would like to make two complaints:
1. The tired use of aliens to explain ancient archaeological sites/artifacts, the idea being that ancient people couldn't possibly have been that intelligent and capable. It's time that modern people accept that ancient people were, in fact, quite kick ass!
2. The portrayal of indigenous people as war mongering and stupid. Can't we get past this stereotype already? Very condensing. D- here, Spielberg
Other than that, great romp!
I'd like to add that the return of Karen Allen to the Indy series was fantastic, and loved Shia La Beouf. My favorite scenes were the one in the library near the beginning along with the first creepy cave that Indy and Mutt enter. In addition, the Crystal Skull was my favorite movie prop of all time, hands down. Especially when it made that whirring "magnetic" sound while Harrison Ford was staring into its eyes. AWESOME.
But ridiculous. Just like the alien spaceship. And the whole movie, really.
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment