Sorry for my lapse! More soon I promise...I need to learn that I can write a few thoughts and I don't have to write a research paper every time I have a thought!!
I'm still for Barack Obama, as I have always been, and for the same reasons, but honestly now it's just a matter of math and I can't see how Hillary Clinton could get the nomination so I'll declare it a dead horse. This will not, however, prevent me from a postmortem discussion of Racism v. Sexism, which is a bigger deal in America-or is this the wrong question? at some point in the future (sadly, not tonight).
No, John McCain is not going to be elected in November. I don't see it happening. 6 months is a long time, but he would need to find his voice on something people care about. I don't see that happening. It's hard to see how he could really come out on the economy or health care or education or anything domestic. There are many things I like about John McCain...I'd like to have him over at a party, for example, or as the principal of a school I was working at. But bottom line, I think he's a hell of a guy, but I can't stomach any (or rather, very few) of his policy positions and I don't think he has any serious plans for anything except Iraq (which is important, but not enough to be elected president). He may well be right on many things, maybe all, about Iraq, but he's got to be right on more than one thing. I will see, I respect him for being a human about immigration. How refreshing from the republican camp.
More to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't mind the politics, but I want more photos of you guys!
sorry! more coming soon! :-)
Post a Comment