Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cameroon-fruit (and a bit of other food)

I've been looking forward to eating the fruit in Cameroon pretty much my whole life. It turns out ALL the food is fantastic (everything I had, anyway)! Somehow I managed to miss an avacado photo, which is ridiculous since I pretty much ate one every day, and they were HUGE and the most amazing avacados in the history of time. Oh well!

Papayas
Plantain (like banana) chips



Coconuts

Banana leaves

Inside of the cocoa pod (the beans are in the middle of each section). The milky white stuff is sweet when you suck on it, although it started making my mouth numb so I decided I better stop.

Cocoa pods on the tree! My Dad stopped in a village and asked a man there if he could buy a cocoa pod from him so I could see the inside (see above)

Whiskey nuts (roasted peanuts bought on street in whiskey bottles)

Breadfruit

Mangos

No comments: