Monday, February 15, 2010

The Olympics!

This was an amazing experience! I was really excited about the game, but I had no idea how great the atmosphere would be, how much fun it would be to be there, and how much free stuff there would be to do! Here are a few highlights from our 36 hours at the Olympics!

Getting ready to go...
Vancouver street party in Robson Square! Thousands of people were out to watch on the big screen...in the POURING rain!

Robson Square skating rink

Skating during the never ending parade of nations! We skated from Belarus through Turkey...

Every area of Canada had a pavilion....they were all free and ranged from really interesting cultural exhibits...
....to live music with beer/wine gardens (such as Quebec). Quebec even had a wine vending machine...
It was also the day before Lunar New Year, Year of the Tiger!


Vancouver Olympic Village

At the game! Canada won 18-0, so not much of a hockey game, but a great atmosphere with excited Canadians, and it was women's hockey! Hooray!










Before heading home, a last trip to Tim Horton's and to see the flame at night...

3 comments:

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

Wow! Looks like fun! I am watching the women's hockey on TV. They are good. Much better than me!!

Jennie said...

You must not be watching slovakia then. :-)

Unknown said...

I love you Jennie. You make life fun. In fact, when I google 'fun' (or look it up in a dictionary, but who does THAT anymore??) the response is: Jennie. And your picture comes up. The one wearing Canada clothes. And several other pictures that only I have.