Saturday, February 9, 2008

Barack Obama beats the Sonics: 22,000 to 9900!


Yesterday I was one of the lucky Obama fans who crowded the Key Arena an hour before tip off! My very first thought when I joined the long queue to enter was: "Wow, this is embarassing for the Sonics!".

Being a life long non-lover of the beleaguered Sonics, it gave me great satisfaction to see a candidate cram the house in a way the Key Arena has not seen in a long time!

The event was amazing...we made it inside and even though we were too late to get a seat, we managed to get comfy at the bottom of the stairs while blocking the exit. I'm not into blogging enough yet to detail all my political thoughts, but I will say that you learn a lot more about a candidate when you actually listen to him or her talk for over an hour! It's quite different from a quick sound bite on the news or a debate. I was riveted for the entire hour and ten minutes, but I think this was my favorite part:

(Pessimists, beware!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk73P6ny_Rk

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, I just couldn't get past the first 30 seconds or so. "some one dared to hope..." and founding fathers, blah blah. I love this stuff, but will be a lot more impressed when he can inspire AND show me the money (you know, policy, an actual Senate career...).

Why can't Obama and Clinton be one person? Can't technology do that yet?

Still, I got your text message Friday morning and then heard about the rally in Seattle on NPR that night! I thought of you.

Unknown said...

You were at the Obama rally? I was at the Obama rally. We should really communicate more, we could have sat together. I had a great time!

Xie Xie said...

Jennie - the blog rocks!

The first time I heard Obama speak, I was reminded of this scene in "West Wing" when Josh and another staffer were remembering the reasons they joined up and one of them suddenly realized that Sheen's character was "the real thing" as a presidential candidate. I know he talks pretty, but there's something about him that just gives me that goose bump thing (no, it's not a crush) that no one else does (and I've listened to a %&*load of stump speeches). For the first time ever, I have that "real thing" question going through my mind.